Ice & Mountains
This 4-day adventure takes in the dramatic Wolf's Fang peak, part of the Drygalski mountain range. You will be based at our luxury camp, situated at the bottom of a 200ft icefall, from where you will go out each day to take part in our activities.Watch video
- Start Point: Cape Town, South Africa - known as the 'Mother City', with incredible ocean vistas and crowned by Table Mountain, this is where you Antarctic adventure begins. Our team will host a safety briefing in the magnificent wine land of Constantia, ensuring that you are fully prepared for your journey south.
- White Desert is the only company in the world to offer a Gulfstream private jet to access Antarctica. Sit back and relax as we fly over hundreds of icebergs and into continuous sunshine. Destination: Wolf's Fang runway, which sits beneath one of the most spectacular and iconic mountains on the entire continent. Once landed, we will use a separate aircraft - a DC3 Basler - to fly to the extraordinary Drygalski mountain range that sits only a few kilometers away.
- These mountains are like no other on earth. Kilometer-high monoliths of rock rise vertically from the ice, creating a landscape that is simply breathtaking. You will spend the day amongst these giants with our expert guides accompanying you every step of the way. That evening, it is a short flight of only 25 minutes to our luxury camp - Whichaway.
- Whichaway Camp is totally unique and the perfect place from which to base your adventure. There are six state-of-the-art sleeping pods that are heated and designed for two people in each. At just over 6m (20ft) in diameter, they are also spacious, with a writing desk, wash area and toilet. The rest of the camp comprises a shower pod, kitchen and three centralised pods that make up the reception, lounge and dining room. While the exterior is made from cutting edge materials, the interior has an old-world feel with rich textures. Here you can relax and enjoy the food from our award-winning chef.
- For the next 3 days, our expert guides will offer a variety of activities to suit each individual guest. They can be relaxed or adrenaline-fuelled, the choice is yours. For the relaxed, there are gentle treks, visits to science bases and day trips in 4x4s. For those seeking more adventure, there is ice climbing, abseiling and even high-lining across our spectacular lake.